As property investors, it is essential that your property is rented in an efficient manner and for the highest possible return. We all know good tenants are gold, they pay their rent on time, look after your property and stay for longer. In life, however, situations change, and even good tenants will move on at some stage. There are several things that you can do to maximise your chances of shortening the time between tenancies:
- Quality photography – presenting your property in its best light will help attract more tenants which in turn will lead to faster turnaround times.
- 24/7 Bookings – providing access for tenants to book viewings at a time that is convenient ensures no opportunity is missed.
- Online Advertising – advertising on Trade Me, where the vast majority of prospective tenants search, and on the Rented website.
- “For Rent” Signs – capturing the interest of passing traffic and ensuring immediate neighbours are aware that the property is for rent.
- Online Application Process – access for prospective tenants to complete their application form from any device at any time. This ensures that all the required information to create the tenancy agreement, run credit- and background checks, and identify references is captured up front. This saves time and speeds up the time between application and tenant approval.
These features are all built in to the all-inclusive management service provided by Rented Property Management, as we believe they are essential to achieving the best result in tenanting your property.