As a Tenant of Rented Property Management you can be assured that any issues or concerns you have over the period of your tenancy will listened to and acted on by your Property Manager. We understand that building a good relationship with tenants is important. It makes our jobs as Property Managers easier and leads to longer leases with higher quality tenants. As with any relationship respect needs to be shown from both sides. This being the case you can rest assured that we will always have your best interests in mind.
What you can expect from us
- Prompt service and good communication.
- To be provided with a copy of your Tenancy Agreement and your bond to be lodged within 23 days of receipt
- Completion of an ingoing Property Inspection report
- Properties that meet building and health & safety requirements.
- The level of the current insulation stated in your Tenancy Agreement. If this does not meet the new 2019 standards where possible we will endeavour to provide you with a timeframe for when the work required to bring up to the new standards will be undertaken.
- Working smoke alarms checked at the start of each new tenancy and positioned on each level of the property and with 3metres of any bedroom.
- Deal with any problems with the water, electricity and gas supply.
- Maintain any appliances and furniture supplied as part of the tenancy and make sure they are safe.
- Carry out repairs as soon as we can.
- Provide you with proper notice of visits.
- Respect your peace, comfort, and privacy (quiet enjoyment).
- Locks provided to ensure that your property can be secured.
What we expect from you
- Pay your rent on time
- Look after the property – treat it like it is your own.
- Be considerate to your neighbours
- Make sure you know how to operate the appliances, turn the water off and operate pumps, where mains powers switch is located
- Regularly test smoke alarms in the property
- Report any need for repairs. There will be a risk if a minor repair you knew about turns into a major problem because you didn’t report it.
- Be aware of the security features of your home and utilise these.
- Regularly ventilate your home
- Maintain Heat Pump filters by cleaning at least once a month and more often during winter
- If you have an issue please raise this with your property manager